Reading Response
I have been reading The Mission by Jason Myers. The book is about Kaden, whose brother had died in the Iraq war. In Kaden's brothers last letter to him he states that his last wish would to be to go to San Franciso where their eccentric, succesful writer cousin, James lives, and see a Chuck Paluhnuik reading. Although since he died, Kaden decides to carry on his last wish, and do it anyways. Although after reading much of this book, I have seen that James does not really want Kaden to be with him, and just feels obligated to.
I think that James feels obligated for Kaden for different reasons. For example, when Kaden landed in San Francisco, James didnt even pick Kaden up, Kaden instead got picked up by James girlfriend a half hour after he landed. I thought this was important because it was the first interaction with James, and to an extent it showed what kind of person he is and what he thought of Kaden. Overall, it seems to me that James feels very obligated to be with Kaden.
I think that James does not want to be with Kaden for multiple reasons. One reason is that he does not really seem to care about what he is saying doing, or what is even happening to him. For example, there is one time where James and him are together in his apartment, and then all of a sudden he says he will be right back, and he just completely ditches him. I think that this shows the reader that James is not only uncaring of Kaden, but that he should not be given responsibility, as well as the fact that considering Kaden was being completely fine, and they were getting along, it shows that he is relatively selfish. All in all, James does not seem want to be with Kaden.
In conclusion James does not want to be with Kaden, and the only reason he is with him is because he feels obligated. I think that James should be known not to be given responsibility, considering how he is dealing with it in this situation, especially since Kaden has done nothing wrong to deserve the treatment he had been getting.
I think that James feels obligated for Kaden for different reasons. For example, when Kaden landed in San Francisco, James didnt even pick Kaden up, Kaden instead got picked up by James girlfriend a half hour after he landed. I thought this was important because it was the first interaction with James, and to an extent it showed what kind of person he is and what he thought of Kaden. Overall, it seems to me that James feels very obligated to be with Kaden.
I think that James does not want to be with Kaden for multiple reasons. One reason is that he does not really seem to care about what he is saying doing, or what is even happening to him. For example, there is one time where James and him are together in his apartment, and then all of a sudden he says he will be right back, and he just completely ditches him. I think that this shows the reader that James is not only uncaring of Kaden, but that he should not be given responsibility, as well as the fact that considering Kaden was being completely fine, and they were getting along, it shows that he is relatively selfish. All in all, James does not seem want to be with Kaden.
In conclusion James does not want to be with Kaden, and the only reason he is with him is because he feels obligated. I think that James should be known not to be given responsibility, considering how he is dealing with it in this situation, especially since Kaden has done nothing wrong to deserve the treatment he had been getting.
No comments:
Post a Comment