Reading Response (Non Fiction Article)
The article "One Gene, Many Mutations: Key that Controls Coat Color in Mice Evolved Nine Times" is about the evolution of the color coat of the mice in the Nebraska Sandhills, and how scientists can use this research to study evolution. When the mice first colonized in the area, they were a light, sandy color, that was very noticeable for them to be prey in. But over 8000 years their colors have evolved nine times. And not only did their color coat change, but as well as their tails, and body pigments. Overall, I found this article very interesting because it shows that such a small discovery can lead to such important findings.
I think that the finding of the mice's color coats changing is interesting because it leads to such important answers about evolution. Also, I think it is important that it is answering questions about evolution, because evolution is a theory that is not even believed by most people to be true, so by scientists studying the changes in the color of mice fur over a period of time, it really is contributing to many things. For example, scientists say that these findings show that it is possible for species to change at such a rapid pace, just like how in the theory of evolution, humans evolved so rapidly. The scientists are now trying to see the order of the mutations from the mice, to see how the mice reconstructed over time. I think that this finding by the scientists at Harvard is great, and that it must have required a lot of time and research to have been able to have even noticed the change of the color coats of the mice in Nebraska.
In conclusion, in the article "One Gene, Many Mutations: Key that Controls Coat Color in Mice Evolved Nine Times" it explains how the color coats of mice in the Nebraska Sandhills have changed at such a rapid pace, and how the findings can answer questions on evolution. I find this article very interesting, because just by using the color of mice, scientists can analyze that data and use it and put it to such an important study that can answer so many questions that will end suspicions of religious beliefs that evolution did not exist. I think that this study has potential to be eventually much more well known. Although I am sure that even though evolution might be completely explained, people will still doubt it due to their religious beliefs. Nonetheless I still think that this study is very important, and no matter how much is discovered people will still doubt it.
I think that the finding of the mice's color coats changing is interesting because it leads to such important answers about evolution. Also, I think it is important that it is answering questions about evolution, because evolution is a theory that is not even believed by most people to be true, so by scientists studying the changes in the color of mice fur over a period of time, it really is contributing to many things. For example, scientists say that these findings show that it is possible for species to change at such a rapid pace, just like how in the theory of evolution, humans evolved so rapidly. The scientists are now trying to see the order of the mutations from the mice, to see how the mice reconstructed over time. I think that this finding by the scientists at Harvard is great, and that it must have required a lot of time and research to have been able to have even noticed the change of the color coats of the mice in Nebraska.
In conclusion, in the article "One Gene, Many Mutations: Key that Controls Coat Color in Mice Evolved Nine Times" it explains how the color coats of mice in the Nebraska Sandhills have changed at such a rapid pace, and how the findings can answer questions on evolution. I find this article very interesting, because just by using the color of mice, scientists can analyze that data and use it and put it to such an important study that can answer so many questions that will end suspicions of religious beliefs that evolution did not exist. I think that this study has potential to be eventually much more well known. Although I am sure that even though evolution might be completely explained, people will still doubt it due to their religious beliefs. Nonetheless I still think that this study is very important, and no matter how much is discovered people will still doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment